I Find It Difficult To Accept The Gists But The Grammatical Structure - Comrade Esu Seeks Help

 As a proficient communicator, there is this  problem I am battling with and I feel it is pertinent to share it here for people that are more intelligent than me to help me out.

I personally think, it is a bad listening skill. This is how it goes;

                       Comrade Esu Uyo-Obong

 I am not  perfect in the use of English but it happens that whenever I listen to people speak using the white man's language, I pay more attention to the grammatical constructions than the actual speech contents.

Most especially, when I noticed at the initial stage that the speaker has no effective command of the use of English, I will just feel that his speech won't be beneficial to me. 

The reason I am  sharing this in a less ambiguous way is for people to contribute to me the possible ways of getting out of this.

This problem has made me to miss the gist of many discussions and I feel it's high time I start working on myself. Having realized that the bad English used in delivering a speech has little or no effect on what the said communication entails, there is need to pay attention to speech irrespective of the grammatical inaccuracies.

Since I have noticed this problem, now, my question is how do I get out of this mess? How do I stop listening to errors in grammar than the actual gist itself?  Help a brother. He said.

Comments